Bone Grafting Newmarket
The Power of Bone Grafting
Are you dreaming of a flawless smile, but missing teeth have been holding you back?
No worries! Dental implants are a remarkable solution, offering a lifelike replacement for lost teeth!
However, not everyone has the ideal bone structure to support these implants. That’s where bone grafting comes into play, a fascinating process that can make your dental implant dreams come true. Our team of skilled dentists at Eagle Family Dentistry specializes in dental implant and bone grafting procedures and strives to provide you with the most satisfactory dental treatment experience and the best possible result.
Yet, before deciding on the most suitable option, you should consider some essential points about dental implants and bone grafting procedure and see if you are the right candidate for this tooth replacement method.
What is Bone Grafting?
In simple terms, bone grafting is a medical procedure that involves adding bone to your jaw or dental ridge, to create a sturdy foundation for your dental implant. When you lose a tooth, the bone in that area begins to deteriorate over time. If this bone loss is significant, your jaw may not have enough strength to support an implant. This is where our professional implantologists recommend bone grafting.
Why Might You Need It?
Several factors can lead to bone loss in your jaw and therefore a need for bone grafting to step in, including:
- Tooth Extraction: After tooth extraction, the bone that once supported the tooth can start to disappear.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal disease can erode the bone structure supporting your teeth.
- Injury: It is no wonder that trauma to the mouth can damage the jawbone.
- Dentures: Long-term use of removable dentures can accelerate bone loss.
If any of these apply to you, bone grafting could be the missing puzzle piece in your journey to a dazzling smile 🙂
The Bone Grafting Process
You might be either curious or anxious about the process, so let’s take a quick look at what will generally happen during a bone grafting session:
- Preparation: Before the grafting procedure, your dentist will discuss anesthesia options to ensure your comfort. Local anesthesia is commonly used, but sedation may be recommended for more complex cases.
- Grafting: During the procedure, a piece of bone is taken from another part of your body (autograft), a human donor (allograft), or a synthetic source (alloplast). The graft is then placed in the area where the implant will be inserted.
- Healing: Over the following months, your body will work its magic, integrating the graft with your natural bone.
- Implant Placement: Once the graft has healed and gained sufficient strength, your dentist will proceed with the dental implant surgery.
Benefits of Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Improved Aesthetics: Achieve a more natural and beautiful smile by filling in gaps left by missing teeth.
- Restored Functionality: Regain the ability to eat, speak, and chew with confidence, just like with natural teeth.
- Prevent Further Bone Loss: Bone grafting helps preserve your jawbone, preventing additional deterioration.
- Enhanced Implant Success: By ensuring a stable foundation, bone grafting increases the success rate of dental implant procedures.
- Long-Term Investment: Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care, making them a wise investment in your oral health.
Bone grafting for dental implants is a groundbreaking procedure that can transform your confidence and improve your quality of life!
Consult with our esteemed team of professionals at Eagle Family Dentistry to explore your options and take the first step towards a brighter, more confident you!